Current Biblical Studies Carnival
I trust everyone is aware the latest Carnival is online at Jim Getz’s Ketuvim blog. Make sure to check it out if you haven’t already.
Upcoming Biblical Studies Carnivals
I have worked on the schedule for upcoming Biblical Studies Carnivals. Here is the schedule thus far:
- BSC XXXII (John Hobbins, Ancient Hebrew Poetry – August 2008)
- BSC XXXIII (T. Michael W. Halcomb, pisteuomen | πιστευομεν – September 2008)
- BSC XXXIV (Doug Chaplin, MetaCatholic – October 2008)
- BSC XXXV (Duane Smaith, Abnormal Interests – November 2008)
- BSC XXXVI (TBD – December 2008)
I have a potential opening for December 2008 (I have sent an email but am still awaiting a reply) and 2009 is wide open. If you would like to volunteer to host a Biblical Studies Carnival, please let me know. If you have volunteered in the past by somehow never got in the schedule, I apologize. Please send me an email and you will receive priority! I will also give preference to those who have not yet done a Carnival (and how about some women bibliobloggers? I have asked those I am aware of; please volunteer if you are interested).
Submitting Posts to the Biblical Studies Carnival
I would like to encourage all of the regular Bibliobloggers — and everyone else out there to regularly submit posts for consideration for the Biblical Studies Carnivals. Submitting one of your own posts or a post of a blog you read makes the Carnival a lot easier to pull together. To submit a blog post for inclusion to the Biblical Studies Carnival you may do one of the following:
- Send the following information to the following email address: biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail.com. If you’re not sure whether a post qualifies, send it anyway and the host will decide whether to include it.
- The title and permalink URL of the blog post you wish to nominate and the author’s name or pseudonym.
- A short (two or three sentence) summary of the blog post.
- The title and URL of the blog on which it appears (please note if it is a group blog).
- Include “Biblical Studies Carnival [number]” in the subject line of your email
- Your own name and email address.
- Use the submission form provided by Blog Carnival. (This is probably the easier option if you only have one nomination.) Just select “biblical studies carnival” and fill in the rest of the information noted above.
For more information, please see the Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.