The month is almost over, so make sure to nominate some posts for Biblical Studies Carnival XLVIII, which will be hosted by Doug Chaplin over at his blog, clayboy. The Carnival will highlight posts relating to academic biblical studies for the month of November and should be posted in the first week of December 2009.
As I said last month, it’s a huge job to host the monthly Carnival (just ask any mortal who has hosted it before), and it makes it a lot easier if you nominate posts. Part of me wants to do what many carnivals do (e.g., the Christian Carnival) and only note posts that were actually nominated. Then the job of hosting would actually be reasonable and no one could complain about the host not mentioning their post, since you would be responsible to self-nominate. Enough of my rant…
Help Doug out and nominate some posts today! To nominate posts you have two options:
- Send the following information to the following email address: biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail.com. If you’re not sure whether a post qualifies, send it anyway and the I will decide whether to include it.
- The title and permalink URL of the blog post you wish to nominate and the author’s name or pseudonym.
- A short (two or three sentence) summary of the blog post.
- The title and URL of the blog on which it appears (please note if it is a group blog).
- Include “Biblical Studies Carnival [number]” in the subject line of your email
- Your own name and email address.
- Use the submission form provided by Blog Carnival. (This is probably the easier option if you only have one nomination.) Just select “biblical studies carnival” and fill in the rest of the information noted above.
For more information, please see the spiffy new Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.
(I was remiss and failed to note the posting of Kevin Scull’s superb Biblical Studies Carnival XLVII at his Paul of Tarsus blog. If you haven’t already, make sure to check it out!)