27th September 2009
This is just a friendly reminder to NOMINATE posts for the next Biblical Studies Carnival, to be hosted by Daniel and Tonya over at Hebrew and Greek Reader. The Carnival will be number XLVI and should be posted close to the first of October, 2009.
I want to emphasize to everyone how important it is that you nominate your own posts as well as those of others. It is a huge job to pull together the monthly Biblical Studies Carnival — if you don’t believe me ask someone who has hosted one! It makes the host’s job so much easier if your submit some entries with a link, title, short description, etc. (see directions below)
And may I say to any WOMEN bibliobloggers out there, that a great way to get traffic to your blog and raise the profile of women bloggers is to nominate some of your posts for the Carnival. Even better, why not volunteer to HOST a Carnival? In the past I have sent emails around to women bibliobloggers asking them to host, and I only had one response: Judy Redman, who hosted Biblical Studies Carnival XXXVIII at her Judy’s Research Blog in February 2009. If you want to host, send me an email and I’ll slot you in. For other potential hosts: you do not need to be in the Biblioblog Top 50 to host a Carnival!
How to Nominate Posts
In order to save the host considerable work, please nominate some posts today (and tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that…) It’s really easy. You have two options:
- Send the following information to the following email address: biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail.com. If you’re not sure whether a post qualifies, send it anyway and the I will decide whether to include it.
- The title and permalink URL of the blog post you wish to nominate and the author’s name or pseudonym.
- A short (two or three sentence) summary of the blog post.
- The title and URL of the blog on which it appears (please note if it is a group blog).
- Include “Biblical Studies Carnival [number]” in the subject line of your email
- Your own name and email address.
- Use the submission form provided by Blog Carnival. (This is probably the easier option if you only have one nomination.) Just select “biblical studies carnival” and fill in the rest of the information noted above.
For more information, please see the spiffy new Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.