21st December 2006
The December 2006 edition SBL Forum is online — at least I think it is the December edition. It says it is the January 2007 Forum, but it’s still December and there hasn’t been a December Forum yet. Furthermore, in an email conversation with Leonard Greenspoon about the Forum, he noted that he was busy working on the December Forum. Whether it is the December or January SBL Forum, it is there in all its glory.
This edition has a number of interesting articles. Here is the table of contents in full (I am going to make reproducing the contents of each Forum in full my habit since there is no index to previous Forums):
SBL Forum – January 2007 (vol. 5 no. 1)
In the Classroom
- Confessions and Reflections: What Can the Bible Do for the Liberal Arts? by Alan Lenzi
- Wikipedia: Unreliable Source, Useful Heuristic Tool by Lawrence J. Mykytiuk
- “The Nativity Story”: A Review by Mark Goodacre
In Popular Culture
- Comics and the Bible: Reinterpretation and Mythic Understanding by Greg Garrett
- Do Superheroes Read Scripture? Finding the Bible in Comic Books by G. Andrew Tooze
- OH-MY-GOD It’s So the Teen Bible! by James G. Crossley
Make sure to take a gander at Mark Goodacre’s review of The Nativity Story as well as James Crossley’s look at the Teen Bible.