9th December 2006
Biblical Studies Carnival XIII will be hosted by yours truly here at Codex: Biblical Studies Blogspot in the first week of January 2007. As you are reading posts around the blogosphere this month, make sure to nominate appropriate posts for the next Carnival. You can submit/nominate posts via the submission form at BlogCarnival.com or you may email them to biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail DOT com.
The Best of 2006
In addition to the regular Carnival postings, the January Carnival will be special in that it will also highlight some of the best posts of 2006. It will be sort of a “year in review.” Feel free to submit what you consider one of the best posts of 2006 — whether from your own blog or someone else’s. You can submit/nominate these “best of 2006″ posts via the submission form at BlogCarnival.com or you may email them to biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail DOT com. Just make sure to indicate that it is for the yearly roundup.
About the Biblical Studies Carnival
The goal of the Biblical Studies Carnival is to showcase the best of weblog posts in the area of academic biblical studies. By â€œacademic biblical studiesâ€? we mean:
- Academic: Posts must represent an academic approach to the discipline of biblical studies rather than, for instance, a devotional approach. This does not mean that posts have to be written by an academic, PhD, or professor â€” amateurs are more than welcome! Nor does it mean that posts must take a historical critical approach â€” methodological variety is also encouraged.
- Biblical Studies: Broadly focused on discipline of biblical studies and cognate disciplines, including Ancient Near East, Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, Christian Origins/New Testament, Intertestamental/Second Temple literature (e.g., LXX, Dead Sea Scrolls, Philo, Josephus, etc.), Patristics, Biblical Criticisms and Hermeneutics, Biblical Studies and popular culture, among other things.
The Biblical Studies Carnival also serves to highlight a variety of blogs â€” from well known to lesser known. All blogs are welcome to submit relevant posts to the Carnival. In this way a Carnival is an excellent way to let others know about a blog you frequent or gain new readership to your own blog.
To submit a blog post for inclusion to the Biblical Studies Carnival you may do one of the following:
- Send the following information to the following email address: biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail.com. If youâ€™re not sure whether a post qualifies, send it anyway and the host will decide whether to include it.
- The title and permalink URL of the blog post you wish to nominate and the authorâ€™s name or pseudonym.
- A short (two or three sentence) summary of the blog post.
- The title and URL of the blog on which it appears (please note if it is a group blog).
- Include â€œBiblical Studies Carnival [number]â€? in the subject line of your email
- Your own name and email address.
- Use the submission form provided by Blog Carnival. (This is probably the easier option if you only have one nomination.) Just select â€œbiblical studies carnivalâ€? and fill in the rest of the information noted above.
For more information, consult the Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.