Ben Myers over at Faith and Theology started this meme. I saw this last night, but didn’t have the energy to respond, but since I have now been tagged by Joe, I figure I should give it a go (hey.. that rhymed… I’m a poet and I didn’t know it!).
1. One book that changed your life:
The Bible (Really! I’m not being trite)
2. One book that youâ€™ve read more than once:
You can do that? Read a book more than once! Wow. (just joking!) The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
3. One book youâ€™d want on a desert island:
Thomas Harris, I’m OK, You’re OK. OK, that was a joke. I would probably want the Bible — in the original languages.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Calvin and Hobbes, Far Side, Bloom County (I was at a friend’s cabin and then had a selection of comic books to peruse)
5. One book that made you cry:
Hmmm… I actually can’t think of any. Now, if you we were talking movies, then I would have to say Star Trek two. When Spock dies near the end I get teary eyed. “I have been… and always shall be… your friend.”
6. One book that you wish had been written:
I wish that Tolkien would have finished the Similarian himself.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
I don’t have any strong opinions here, so let’s say The Book of Jabez.
8. One book youâ€™re currently reading:
Only one book… fine. How about The Bible after Babel by John J. Collins (of course, I could have said Critique textuelle de l’Ancien Testament by Dominique BarthÃ©lemy to impress you all with my keen intellect and language skills… but I am far too humble a person to do that.)
9. One book youâ€™ve been meaning to read:
Hmmm… I’m not sure. How about the nice copy of the Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrolls that Jim West sent me?