Biblical Studies Carnival VIII will be hosted by Kevin Edgecomb at Biblicalia in the first week of August, 2006. Look for a call for submissions on his blog sometime in the middle of the month.
As you are reading posts around the blogosphere this month, make sure to nominate appropriate posts for the next Carnival.
About the Biblical Studies Carnival
The goal of the Biblical Studies Carnival is to showcase the best of weblog posts in the area of academic biblical studies. By “academic biblical studies” we mean:
- Academic: Posts must represent an academic approach to the discipline of biblical studies rather than, for instance, a devotional approach. This does not mean that posts have to be written by an academic, PhD, or professor — amateurs are more than welcome! Nor does it mean that posts must take a historical critical approach — methodological variety is also encouraged.
- Biblical Studies: Broadly focused on discipline of biblical studies and cognate disciplines, including Ancient Near East, Hebrew Bible/Old Testament, Christian Origins/New Testament, Intertestamental/Second Temple literature (e.g., LXX, Dead Sea Scrolls, Philo, Josephus, etc.), Patristics, Biblical Criticisms and Hermeneutics, Biblical Studies and popular culture, among other things.
The Biblical Studies Carnival also serves to highlight a variety of blogs — from well known to lesser known. All blogs are welcome to submit relevant posts to the Carnival. In this way a Carnival is an excellent way to let others know about a blog you frequent or gain new readership to your own blog.
To submit a blog post for inclusion to the Biblical Studies Carnival you may do one of the following:
- Send the following information to the following email address: biblical_studies_carnival AT hotmail.com. If youâ€™re not sure whether a post qualifies, send it anyway and the host will decide whether to include it.
- The title and permalink URL of the blog post you wish to nominate and the authorâ€™s name or pseudonym.
- A short (two or three sentence) summary of the blog post.
- The title and URL of the blog on which it appears (please note if it is a group blog).
- Include “Biblical Studies Carnival [number]” in the subject line of your email
- Your own name and email address.
- Use the submission form provided by Blog Carnival. (This is probably the easier option if you only have one nomination.) Just select “biblical studies carnival” and fill in the rest of the information noted above.
For more information, consult the Biblical Studies Carnival Homepage.